Thursday, January 10, 2008

CEO Anantara, Ravi Shankar talks about the naming of Hybiscus Restaurant

When somebody suggested the name Hybiscus for our new restaurant, I was taken aback. This is an unassuming flower that seemingly grows everywhere including Shalimar Spice Garden. Having seen it all my life, I had never really given it a second glance.

And yet when I looked at it anew, I saw its beautifully curving leaves, the lush colours, the calmness of the stamens basking in all this beauty and I was in love. Enough to make me recall a poem I had once read.

A glistening sunrise brings me here
Where everything is peaceful and fresh
I dance with the Hybiscus
To the slow rhythm of rain drops
In the hope that
This is where home shall be ...

Cheers to a beautiful flower and a truly wonderous Restaurant 'Hybiscus'.

No comments: